POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Project Blender : Re: Project Blender Server Time
4 Sep 2024 17:17:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Project Blender
From: Darren New
Date: 17 Dec 2009 12:04:03
Message: <4b2a6483$1@news.povray.org>
nemesis wrote:
> I take it you just used wordstar far more than Blender.

No. They just laid out the keyboard very mnemonically.

> ctrl+e = Edge tools menu
> u = texture Unwrap
> x,y,z = self evident axis
> s = scale
> r = rotate
> g = grab

See, anyone else would have called that "translate".

> e = extrude
> h, shift+h, alt+h = hide operations

Great. Which is which?  ;-)

> and so on.  I think it's pretty logical.

Well, when you list *only* the logically named keys, sure. Granted, blender
does a lot more than wordstar did, but that doesn't mean it's just as easy.

> What is ilogical is expecting
> someone not used to visual 3D modelling knowing what extrude or unwrap
> means...

Hey, don't get pissy at *me* - I'm not the one arguing its useless. I just
said the UI is hard to learn and to remember, which I think you'll find most
people agree with. In part because it *does* do so much.

I wish Wings3D let you set up keyboard shortcuts for more stuff, because
that's easy to use but slow because you *have* to go thru the menus.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)