POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Geometric puzzle : Re: Geometric puzzle Server Time
5 Sep 2024 09:24:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Geometric puzzle
From: Invisible
Date: 17 Dec 2009 11:43:54
Message: <4b2a5fca$1@news.povray.org>
nemesis wrote:

> What I really want to see is you stop whinning and showing a perfectly
> curved phone better than the fake-curved phone scott provided.  You have
> ten minutes.
>
> or just STFU.

Except that it *isn't* perfectly curved. It's fake. It's just flat
surfaces and jaggid lines filtered to make it seem smooth.

> psst:  there's a displace modifier too.

How can you displace a triangle?

> Why do you insist on being stubborn?

I think because fundamentally I dislike trickery. Modelling solid
objects as true solids with a real inside and outside, and real curves,
and real patterns, etc. seems so much superior to faking it with lots of
straight lines and pixels.