POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Geometric puzzle : Re: Geometric puzzle Server Time
5 Sep 2024 09:19:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Geometric puzzle
From: nemesis
Date: 17 Dec 2009 11:26:39
Message: <4b2a5bbf$1@news.povray.org>
Invisible escreveu:
>> Maybe your phone is different, but my phone looks impossibly hard to
>> do in POV SDL with all those complex curved surfaces and rounded edges.
>
> My phone is pretty squarish, with square and round buttons. Looks quite
> easy to do. The coilled cable might be difficult, what with POV not
> having real splining tools. (You gotta type in the coordinates by hand.)
> About the only remotely tricky part would be the handset.

oh, so because your phone is squarish, we should refrain to model
non-squarish phones and only use pov SDL, since it's so great at
hard-edged geometry... fine excuse.  Good thing is that iPhone is so
popular and so easy to model with a superellipsoid... though you still
need an imagemap rather than procedural...

What I really want to see is you stop whinning and showing a perfectly
curved phone better than the fake-curved phone scott provided.  You have
ten minutes.

or just STFU.

> You take the equation for a plane, add some noise to it. OK, for a brick
> I guess you'd need a seperate isosurface for each side. Still much
> easier than trying to model roughness by hand.

psst:  there's a displace modifier too.  Or apply your material texture
to the disp channel.  But scott already told you that.

Why do you insist on being stubborn?

--
a game sig: http://tinyurl.com/d3rxz9