POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Project Blender : Re: Project Blender Server Time
4 Sep 2024 17:24:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Project Blender
From: Neeum Zawan
Date: 17 Dec 2009 10:37:24
Message: <4b2a5034$1@news.povray.org>
On 12/17/09 09:34, Invisible wrote:
> No, I think I'm definitely going to have to read the manual from cover
> to cover. The program is just far too unconventional to learn any other
> way. Nothing works in remotely the way you'd expect. All the commands
> are hidden away and can only be accessed by pressing the secret keyboard
> shortcuts. The only way you can find things is if you already know where
> they are. There's no way you can learn this program just by playing with
> it.

	I'd suspect quite the opposite. I've heard the only way to learn is
total immersion - via numerous tutorials. Then you keep working on
Blender building whatever you wanted, and don't ever take a 2 week break.<G>

	Reading isn't going to make the keybindings/interface stick. Using them
a lot (tutorials) will.

--
The next war will determine not what is right, but what is left.