POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Project Blender : Project Blender Server Time
4 Sep 2024 17:20:59 EDT (-0400)
  Project Blender
From: Invisible
Date: 17 Dec 2009 10:34:19
Message: <4b2a4f7b@news.povray.org>
Yes, I have Blender installed and I'm trying to figure out how to work it.

No, I think I'm definitely going to have to read the manual from cover
to cover. The program is just far too unconventional to learn any other
way. Nothing works in remotely the way you'd expect. All the commands
are hidden away and can only be accessed by pressing the secret keyboard
shortcuts. The only way you can find things is if you already know where
they are. There's no way you can learn this program just by playing with it.

So far, I've figured out how to move the view around, set up several
simultaneous views, how to get into edit mode, and how to move stuff
around. I haven't yet managed to figure out how to remove existing
geometry. (For example, deleting an edge makes every face that touches
it dissappear, rather than merging them like you'd expect.) I also have
no clue what the billions of cryptically-named buttons and displays do -
but hey, I probably don't need them yet anyway...