POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Geometric puzzle : Re: Geometric puzzle Server Time
5 Sep 2024 17:21:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Geometric puzzle
From: scott
Date: 17 Dec 2009 02:37:05
Message: <4b29dfa1$1@news.povray.org>
> Has somebody invented a way of placing points in 3D space even though you
> only have a 2D edit area yet?

Most 3D modellers I've seen allow you to split the edit area into 4, 3
viewing orthogonally along each axis, and 1 perspective.  This allows you to
place points accurately in 3D, and of course check the "real" look of the
outcome interactively (yes all views update together in real-time).

Like this:

http://www.nycresistor.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/blender-20080613-095701.jpg

Alternatively you just have 1 perspective view and slide the point along
each axis as you see fit (obviously rotating the model whilst you're doing
it to check the look).

Depends on personal preference I guess, and what exactly you're modelling.