POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Geometric puzzle : Re: Geometric puzzle Server Time
9 Oct 2024 04:16:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Geometric puzzle
From: nemesis
Date: 16 Dec 2009 15:58:27
Message: <4b2949f3@news.povray.org>
Orchid XP v8 escreveu:
> Also very interested to see that Ctrl+X does something completely
> unexpected and highly catastrophic. Remind me to never, ever press that
> while in Blender! o_O

Actually, it's quite the contrary:  when you're learning, it's best to
start from scratch anew everytime you learn something.  Leonardo Da
Vinci used to sketch a lot, even more than completing works.

Ctrl+X to me was one of the most useful keycombos in Blender in the
beginning.  I wouldn't even save anything (because nothing was worth
it), just play around and start anew when anything got wrong or if I
thought it was enough learning for a particular technique.

It's been changed to a -- perhaps saner -- Ctrl+N(ew) in 2.5 alpha.

> (I wander if Ctrl+S means "format my HD"?)

F1 opens a previous file, F2 saves and ctrl+w writes current changes to
the current file.  shift (or alt?) F1 lets you load objects and
materials from a previous file into your current file.

> Once I've got Blender installed here, I can try out your instructions...

hope you may have a fair ride...

--
a game sig: http://tinyurl.com/d3rxz9