POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Geometric puzzle : Re: Geometric puzzle Server Time
9 Oct 2024 02:25:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Geometric puzzle
From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 16 Dec 2009 15:33:15
Message: <4b29440b$1@news.povray.org>
>> Well, now that I have VMware, I thought I might do that, just for a
>> giggle.
>
> Why would you need VMware to run Blender?

Because using VMware, I can install whatever I want without having to
fill out a form recording what I installed, the date I installed it, the
exact product version, and the reason for installing it.

Because it's only a VM, I'm not "really" installing Blender, so I don't
have to record it.

>> Clearly I'm going to have to sit down and do a whole crapload of
>> reading before I can start doing anything interesting with Blender.
>
> http://www.blender.org/education-help/tutorials/
> http://www.blender.org/education-help/video-tutorials/
> http://blenderunderground.com/video-tutorials/
>
> The one with the mantis is also good, at least if you have sound.

I watched it, but without sound. I doubt I'd understand it even *with*
sound. I need to first spend some time figuring out Blender's
abstractions, basic UI conventions, workflow, etc. before I can even
*think* about anything more complex than rendering an equilateral triangle.

> One thing you need to watch out for when going through Blender tutorials
> is that they were mostly made with older versions of Blender. The
> interface seems to change in peculiar ways even between minor version
> bumps, so keyboard shortcuts and such are sometimes different from what
> a tutorial claims.

Oh, that's nice. So, it's like living in a house where the architects
constantly move stuff around? :-}

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/