POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : hf_tools.inc : Re: hf_tools.inc Server Time
28 Jun 2024 06:56:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: hf_tools.inc
From: stbenge
Date: 16 Dec 2009 14:15:20
Message: <4b2931c8@news.povray.org>
Thomas de Groot wrote:
> "stbenge" <UN### [at] hotmailcom> schreef in bericht
>> I really need to make a small functioning example to provide along with a
>> bug report.
>
> I may be talking nonsense here, but those same features are often also
> created by WM or GeoControl. I don't remember them from Leveller, but it has
> been a while since I last used that app. Do you think they have the same
> origin? Are they the same kind of bug?

I doubt they are the same bug.

Check this out:

height_field{
  png"mountains.png"
}

It works just fine, always has.

Compare it to this:

height_field{
  function 513, 513{
   pigment{
    image_map{
     png"mountains.png"
     interpolate 2 once
    }
   }
  }
}

This is when edge artifacts show up. The dimensions are correct. The
problem happens regardless of image_map attributes such as interpolation
and repetition.

I would say it's a height_field issue, but I know it's not. I have
encountered this same problem when using image_maps at other times, like
for my luminous bloom code.

> In GeoControl I can correct manually with a brush, but in hf's from WM I
> just cut off a thin slice around from it by using an intersection in POV.
> Not very elegant as a solution but it works.

Whatever works :)