POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Geometric puzzle : Re: Geometric puzzle Server Time
8 Oct 2024 18:22:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Geometric puzzle
From: Invisible
Date: 16 Dec 2009 05:26:48
Message: <4b28b5e8$1@news.povray.org>
>> There's A LOT of triangles there, I assure you. ;-)
>
> To me it looks like a few thousand at most

Which I would think qualifies as "a lot" in anyone's book.

> not a
> particularly detailed or smoothed model, and you're only seeing part of
> it.

It all looks so smooth and curvey...

...until you walk past a light source. Ah, the wonders of per-polygon
lighting calculations. :-P

> (Man the triangles around her neck and clothes are *huge*)

So is her bust. :-P

> Here are 7.3 million triangles:
>
> http://tinyurl.com/yav476n

I don't even want to *know* how much disk space that eats, do I? (Nor
how long it took some poor soul to manually place 7.3 million triangles
by hand...)