POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Switzerland & minarets : Re: Switzerland & minarets Server Time
4 Sep 2024 23:23:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Switzerland & minarets
From: Darren New
Date: 14 Dec 2009 22:55:50
Message: <4b2708c6$1@news.povray.org>
Neeum Zawan wrote:
>     So you're willing to say that the majority of African Americans are
> not moderate?

I have no idea what's up with that. People whose fathers weren't allowed to
marry who they wanted because of prejudice are voting to remove the right to
marry from people because of their prejudice.

>> Sure, and I see a whole bunch of pictures of people holding up signs,
>> and I see riots and people burning down buildings, and etc.
>
>     The majority of them do this?

I didn't say they do. Don't put words in my mouth. I said "have you any
evidence?"

>     If you merely want to point out that a big portion of them do this,

No. Why do you assume me asking a question is also me asserting the answer?

> I once again invoke African Americans, and point you to their really
> high over-representation in violent crimes in the US. In 2005, for
> example, normalized to their proportion of their population, African
> Americans committed more than 7 times as many homicides as their white
> counterparts.

I have no idea what point you're trying to make.

>     If you want to have a reasonable conversation, it helps if you don't
> editorialize by using words like "subhuman", because I'll be happy to
> counter-obfuscate.

I'm equating it with every other bit of politicized prejudice.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)