POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Switzerland & minarets : Re: Switzerland & minarets Server Time
5 Sep 2024 01:23:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Switzerland & minarets
From: Neeum Zawan
Date: 14 Dec 2009 20:34:15
Message: <4b26e797$1@news.povray.org>
On 12/14/09 14:11, Darren New wrote:

>>> Have you evidence that the majority are moderate? I used to think that
>>
>> "Can you prove you didn't commit the crime?"
>
> Not at all. See Prop 8.

	First, I presume that by invoking Prop 8, you're not talking about
Muslims per se, but about religious folks.

	So let's talk about African Americans: 70% of them voted in favor of
Prop 8 - a higher percentage than some religious groups did (e.g.
Catholics).

	So you're willing to say that the majority of African Americans are not
moderate?

> Sure, and I see a whole bunch of pictures of people holding up signs,
> and I see riots and people burning down buildings, and etc.

	The majority of them do this? I wonder who runs the schools, police
force, hospitals, etc? Would they have time to take care of those
endeavors while they're busy rioting?

	If you merely want to point out that a big portion of them do this, I
once again invoke African Americans, and point you to their really high
over-representation in violent crimes in the US. In 2005, for example,
normalized to their proportion of their population, African Americans
committed more than 7 times as many homicides as their white counterparts.

> I thought the idea that there would actually be enough votes to modify
> the CA constitution to treat gays as sub-human would never have passed
> either.

	I'm sure the religious crowd would have been surprised as well, because
that's not what happened.

	If you want to have a reasonable conversation, it helps if you don't
editorialize by using words like "subhuman", because I'll be happy to
counter-obfuscate.

--
If you think nobody cares, try missing a couple of payments.