POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Switzerland & minarets : Re: Switzerland & minarets Server Time
5 Sep 2024 01:21:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Switzerland & minarets
From: Neeum Zawan
Date: 14 Dec 2009 14:59:29
Message: <4b269921$1@news.povray.org>
On 12/14/09 10:07, Darren New wrote:
> Neeum Zawan wrote:
>> Except that the ones in Switzerland didn't make any such noise, from
>> the articles I read.
>
> OK. I haven't followed the discussion. I was just throwing out ideas for
> consideration.
>
>> And you live in the US. Barring a small part of Michigan, have you
>> heard of minarets here being used this way?
>
> I honestly don't remember even seeing a minaret in the USA. And as I

	They're in your own state, for crying out loud!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minarets_%28California%29

	OK - Joke aside, I have no idea how many there are in the US. A Google
image search for mosques in the US reveals a bunch.

>> they're pissing off the "moderate" majority,
>
> Have you evidence that the majority are moderate? I used to think that

	"Can you prove you didn't commit the crime?"

> was the case too, until they actually took a vote in California and
> asked everyone "do you consider homosexuals sub-human" and a majority of
> the religious folks said yes.

	Well, I see your point. The question then is how you define moderate. I
don't generally subscribe to the viewpoint that if someone has a major
flaw in one aspect, that you generalize to terms like extreme, moderate,
etc. When I used the word, though, I was referring to violence.

--
If you think nobody cares, try missing a couple of payments.