POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Switzerland & minarets : Re: Switzerland & minarets Server Time
5 Sep 2024 01:21:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Switzerland & minarets
From: Darren New
Date: 14 Dec 2009 11:07:21
Message: <4b2662b9$1@news.povray.org>
Neeum Zawan wrote:
>     Except that the ones in Switzerland didn't make any such noise, from
> the articles I read.

OK. I haven't followed the discussion. I was just throwing out ideas for
consideration.

>     And you live in the US. Barring a small part of Michigan, have you
> heard of minarets here being used this way?

I honestly don't remember even seeing a minaret in the USA. And as I said,
occasional churchbells that could be heard for a couple of blocks on Sunday
morning. (Actually, recordings of church bells, which I always thought was
rather disrespectful to God myself. :-)

> they're pissing off the "moderate" majority,

Have you evidence that the majority are moderate? I used to think that was
the case too, until they actually took a vote in California and asked
everyone "do you consider homosexuals sub-human" and a majority of the
religious folks said yes.

>     You could see it either way.

That's a good point too.

--