POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Switzerland & minarets : Re: Switzerland & minarets Server Time
5 Sep 2024 03:24:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Switzerland & minarets
From: Neeum Zawan
Date: 13 Dec 2009 13:33:57
Message: <4b253395@news.povray.org>
On 12/13/09 12:16, Warp wrote:
> Neeum Zawan<m.n### [at] ieeeorg>  wrote:
>>          Well, sure. As may the presence of Muslims. Why not just ban them? I'm
>> not asking the question sarcastically. It's ludicrous to think that
>> banning a structure will prevent any Sharia movement - beyond just
>> giving a message that Muslims are not welcome. It's not as if Sharia
>> relies on the existence of minarets.
>
>    If it were up to me, this kind of islam would most certainly not be welcome
> here: http://www.snopes.com/photos/politics/muslimprotest.asp

	And this has what to to do with minarets (and with Switzerland?). Sure,
the Swiss doesn't want those kinds of folks (who does?), but does anyone
think those guys are going to say, "Oh damn! Now that minarets are
banned, we can't say these things in Switzerland"?

>    If someone comes here, publicly threatens the hosting population with
> beheadings and holocausts and demands basic freedom to be banned, in my
> opinion they can go to hell, and are certainly not welcome here.

	Yes, but I want people to say it outright, and ultimately pass laws
that don't try to go around the issue. Passing it off as a question of
architectural integrity is a lowly act.

--
I'm! A! Graduate! Of! The! Bill! Shatner! Acting! School!