POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Christmas Tradition : Re: Christmas Tradition Server Time
5 Sep 2024 03:18:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Christmas Tradition
From: Neeum Zawan
Date: 13 Dec 2009 00:33:16
Message: <4b247c9c@news.povray.org>
On 12/12/09 11:17, nemesis wrote:
>> Compare that to the situation where, in Windows, you don't have any
>> software
>> to create mp3 files and you want to get one.
>
> You install winamp?
>
> sorry, that comparison of yours was kinda... lame. :P

	Sorry. Agree with Warp on this one.

	Maybe Windows stuff has changed a lot. In the old days, for a lot of
software that had both a free and paid version, it was often nonobvious
how to navigate the site to find the free version. All too often, I'd
tell a friend "Oh, you can do that task in this software." And then they
would report to me that they never tried it because it was only a demo
(i.e. they didn't realize there was a free version).

	And still, you've got to go and manually download Winamp, and install
it, and then remove the installer. In Linux, with a simple command, you
just install it.

	And Winamp is overkill as an mp3 encoder. Can you use it with other
software to encode the audio that software produces?

--
----> If you cut here, you'll ruin your monitor. <----