POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Christmas Tradition : Re: Christmas Tradition Server Time
8 Oct 2024 18:38:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Christmas Tradition
From: Darren New
Date: 12 Dec 2009 19:34:02
Message: <4b24367a@news.povray.org>
Orchid XP v8 wrote:
> In my experience, only certain people have this problem.

People who fiddle around with it without knowing what they're doing, yes. I
think if Linux was as widely deployed as Windows, it would be just as much a
target for viri and scammers.

I.e., I think Windows is much less vulnerable now especially with UAC turned
on by default, and what protects Linux is more that it isn't popular enough
to be valuable to the current virus writers that do it for money.

Of course, Linux probably has fewer holes in the default distros than
Windows does.  But it's not like there have never been holes in Unix-based
OSes that, say, brought down the internet.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)