POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Christmas Tradition : Re: Christmas Tradition Server Time
5 Sep 2024 03:19:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Christmas Tradition
From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 12 Dec 2009 15:48:32
Message: <4b2401a0$1@news.povray.org>
>> Some day, I might run a Linux box again. But I don't think I'd set one
>> up for my grandma.
>
>   Then you'll have to clean it from spyware once a month. Is that really a
> better alternative?

In my experience, only certain people have this problem.

My dad's PC seems to get infected with puzzling frequency. But my
mother's PC has yet to be infected, ever. Same goes for my PC, my
sister's laptop, my grandparents' PC, and so on. Also, where I work,
certain people's PCs get infected from time to time, but most of them
remain completely clean.

Certainly Windows is radically more vulnerable to malware than Linux.
But if you operate the computer sensibly, it tends not to cause
problems. In other words, using Windows does *not* necessarily mean
constant malware issues.

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/