POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : How much do you run? : Re: How much do you run? Server Time
4 Sep 2024 17:18:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How much do you run?
From: Warp
Date: 12 Dec 2009 12:56:43
Message: <4b23d95b@news.povray.org>
> In soccer, people roll around on the ground pretending to be hurt so they
> can stop the clock long enough to catch their breath.

  That's one of the reasons why I like (American) football and ice hockey
more than soccer. The former two are very rough physical sports where tackling
is actually part of the sport and the rules, yet players seldom pretend being
hurt if they really aren't (in ice hockey they sometimes try to pretend they
were tripped over by an opponent against the rules, but even then they don't
pretend being hurt).

--
                                                          - Warp