POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : How much do you run? : Re: How much do you run? Server Time
4 Sep 2024 17:17:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How much do you run?
From: nemesis
Date: 12 Dec 2009 12:40:05
Message: <4b23d575@news.povray.org>
Darren New wrote:
> nemesis wrote:
>> You mean running in football vs running in handegg?
>
> In any case, soccer is merely a particular version of football, so
> calling it "soccer" is actually *more* accurate than calling it "football".

I disagree.  I don't see much foot in american football.  Nor that thing
looks much like a ball.

> In soccer, people roll around on the ground pretending to be hurt so
> they can stop the clock long enough to catch their breath. If you stop
> the clock because you're hurt in gridiron, you get taken off the field
> and you don't come back, at least until you've lost the ball and gotten
> it back again.

things like these are common:
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_jgyugzLdbng/R8N4_-MFQdI/AAAAAAAABKE/ZF3uQX_qzis/s400/soccer+injury.jpg
http://www.totalprosports.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/the-most-horrific-soccer-injury-oupa-ngulube-breaks-leg-in-half.jpg

when players target the opponent rather than the ball.