POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : How much do you run? : Re: How much do you run? Server Time
4 Sep 2024 17:23:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How much do you run?
From: Darren New
Date: 12 Dec 2009 12:31:12
Message: <4b23d360$1@news.povray.org>
nemesis wrote:
> You mean running in football vs running in handegg?

Yes, except I was trying to be communicative instead of sarcastic.

In any case, soccer is merely a particular version of football, so calling
it "soccer" is actually *more* accurate than calling it "football".

> The difference is obvious:  you hold the egg while running vs kicking
> the ball while running.

Not always. There's punts and kick-offs, and I don't think in soccer you
have a bunch of people piling on top of you while you're running, or trying
to snag the ball out of your hands.  Last I looked, straight-arming someone
in the face while they're running is frowned upon in soccer, let alone
actually jumping on top of them.

In soccer, people roll around on the ground pretending to be hurt so they
can stop the clock long enough to catch their breath. If you stop the clock
because you're hurt in gridiron, you get taken off the field and you don't
come back, at least until you've lost the ball and gotten it back again.

> The latter should prove much more difficult,
> which is why players keep passing the ball on to other players and
> kicking it great distance across the field to other players far beyond.

Yes. We call that hand-offs and passes.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)