POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : VMware : Re: VMware Server Time
5 Sep 2024 03:23:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: VMware
From: Darren New
Date: 12 Dec 2009 11:39:09
Message: <4b23c72d$1@news.povray.org>
Orchid XP v8 wrote:
> Can you say how to make the VMware Tools for Linux actually install? :-P

Everyone at my work decided to switch distributions from debian to ubuntu on
the VM because Ubuntu is being kept up to date. OK, so I take the VM, run
the updates, VMware tools crashes, which means everything performs like a
pig, not unlike X11 at 9600 baud.

I say "What's up with that?"  They say "Oh, yeah, don't install updates. It
kills VMWare tools."

Well, good thing I spent 3 weeks switching over to the new VM.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)