POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Bounding circle intersection : Re: Bounding circle intersection Server Time
4 Sep 2024 23:25:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Bounding circle intersection
From: scott
Date: 11 Dec 2009 02:50:50
Message: <4b21f9da$1@news.povray.org>
> Although I posed this as a stand-alone question, the actual work I am
> doing is checking if a line segment intersects a triangle.

So let me understand this, you are constructing two circles, one around the
line and one around the triangle, then seeing the circles intersect, and if
they do proceeding to check if the line actually intersects the triangle?

Wouldn't it be faster to just directly check the line against the triangle?