POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV-Ray in Challenge #21: The Bedroom : Re: POV-Ray in Challenge #21: The Bedroom Server Time
30 Jul 2024 02:26:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Ray in Challenge #21: The Bedroom
From: Christian Froeschlin
Date: 10 Dec 2009 16:47:31
Message: <4b216c73$1@news.povray.org>
Reactor wrote:

> Greatly appreciated, but the problems with the scene are actually even worse
> than that.  Some objects are not labeled,

yeah, unless you count 'polySurface10933' as a label ...
but I reckon their not labelled in the obj version either?

> almost all have the same texture declarations

forgot to mention that the script replaces the texture definitions
for easier replacement ;) Of course texturing is supposed to be part
of the challenge so I assume that is why it's all lambert1

Here's a sample how my pov file now looks like:

// Triangles for object 'Bedframe' (12140 triangles)
union {    // Surface 'lambert1'
#include "inc/Bedframe.inc"
texture {T_Bedframe}}

> I don't know what exporter was used, but it must be pretty old (the
> specified language version is 3.1!).

PolyTrans, see http://www.okino.com/conv/conv.htm
It's actually a professional tool, heard of it earlier in CAD
context. I didn't know it had any kind of POV-Ray output.

> P.S. As can be expected, the z axis is flipped in this scene as many modelers
> use the left hand system instead of the right hand.

I thought POV-Ray also uses a left-handed system too? A small test
render seemed to show geometry oriented like in the forum thread.