POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : color mixing tool : Re: color mixing tool Server Time
30 Jul 2024 08:22:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: color mixing tool
From: scott
Date: 10 Dec 2009 10:43:58
Message: <4b21173e@news.povray.org>
> This may even be true (in my experience) with any color picker external to
> POV-Ray.

Yes mine too, actually I first came across this (a long time ago) when
trying to put a POV generated file into a power point presentation.  The
colour of the main object in the POV file was meant to exactly match some
corporate colour already used in the PPT (as RGB of course).

> Bearing that in mind, I wrote a little macro using your line of code:
>
> #macro ColorCorrect(ColorIn)
>  rgb <pow(ColorIn.red/255, 2.2), pow(ColorIn.green/255, 2.2),
> pow(ColorIn.blue/255, 2.2)>
> #end

That's a neat idea.  I think there was a discussion a while back about
having another SDL keyword to specify that literal colours and image maps
are to be interpreted as sRGB rather than linear values.