POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV-Ray in Challenge #21: The Bedroom : Re: POV-Ray in Challenge #21: The Bedroom Server Time
30 Jul 2024 02:18:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Ray in Challenge #21: The Bedroom
From: Jaime Vives Piqueres
Date: 10 Dec 2009 03:20:55
Message: <4b20af67@news.povray.org>

> Greatly appreciated, but the problems with the scene are actually even
> worse than that.  Some objects are not labeled, almost all have the same
> texture declarations, and it is using a union of smooth_triangles instead
> of a mesh or mesh22.  There are also A LOT of degenerate triangles and a
> few other odd things.  I don't know what exporter was used, but it must
> be pretty old (the specified language version is 3.1!).

   Yeah... A Poseray export would have been much better, although the
problems with the names will be still there. This is no problem for people
working with GUI, but for us POVers it is really a "challenge". ;)

> Anyway, I wound up downloading the obj file and opened that with wings.
> Massively slow at first, but I am in the process of splitting it into
> separate files, which will let me organize the includes better.

   I used Poseray to convert the OBJ to POV, then loaded the OBj also on
Wings just to identify the objects, so I can give each one a different
texture on the Poseray export.

   Another problem seems to be missing UV info on some objects, and badly
mapped UV on some others... I don't know if this is perhaps due to the
conversion.

   Indeed, there are already some terrific entries that will be hard to
beat... ;)

--
Jaime Vives Piqueres

http://www.ignorancia.org