POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Pointless : Re: Pointless Server Time
4 Sep 2024 17:23:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Pointless
From: Invisible
Date: 9 Dec 2009 11:04:08
Message: <4b1fca78$1@news.povray.org>
scott wrote:

> First you need to figure out why you aren't making sales.  Why are your
> customers choosing your competitors instead of you?  I heard/read a
> quote somewhere that the only way to remain profitable over the long
> term is to learn faster than your competitors.

 From what I can tell, customers just aren't placing any business with
*anybody*. Apparently all our competetors are in trouble too. (Or at
least, this is what I have been told. I don't know the reliability of
this information.)

As far as I can tell, the UK General Manager and the UK sales guy quit
almost simultaneously, and since then our order books have seemingly
been empty. We've got quadruple the number of sales people working
Europe compared to before, but we're not getting many orders. (And
*then* of course the global financial crisis happened...)

I might be imagining things. That's just how it looks from my desk. UK
sales guy quits, the lab slowly empties, and it's been deathly quiet
ever since.

> Don't you have a sales/marketing department there that is on the case?

We do.

I've yet to hear anything about what they propose to do about all this.