POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Pointless : Re: Pointless Server Time
4 Sep 2024 17:20:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Pointless
From: Captain Jack
Date: 9 Dec 2009 10:10:56
Message: <4b1fbe00$1@news.povray.org>
news:4b1fb8ca$1@news.povray.org...
> Now, if it were me, I'd say that the really *imperative* thing is that we
> need to START MAKING SALES. Because, you know, if nobody is paying us then
> it is mathematically impossible to break even, never mind profit.

I used to work as a software developer for a company that sold third party
software which we then enhanced. We also provided the hardware and network
support. We went a year without any significant sales, and then the cutbacks
started. I kept pestering the president about why we weren't making sales,
and kept getting blown off. I left about six months later for a job that
paid better and had better opportunities. About three months after that, the
entire management team was gone and the owner had completely switched the
company's focus, to selling phone systems, IIRC.

Gotta bring in the money, and that's a fact.

--
Jack