POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Encrypted drive problem : Re: Exchange Server Time
5 Sep 2024 01:22:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Exchange
From: Invisible
Date: 8 Dec 2009 06:55:33
Message: <4b1e3eb5@news.povray.org>
>> As far as I'm aware, it's quite possible to move email messages
>> between PST files, or between a PST file and an Exchange server, in
>> any direction.
>
> I meant if you move a message to a PST file, then lose the PST file
> somehow, it's impossible to get back the original message.

That would seem likely, yes.

As I understand it, if you delete an item, it goes to the Deleted Items
folder. When you empty this, the item is retained for a further X days
(defined by the Exchange administrator). After this, it is *really* deleted.

If the stuff is still in Deleted Items, just move it back. If you've
emptied that, there's still a "Recover Deleted Item" menu item hidden
somewhere which lets you resurrect it (without needing to call the
server admin).

I would imagine if you most an item to a PST file, you can still recover
it via the menu command. But I could be wrong.

At any rate, X days after you moved the item to the PST file, it will
*definitely* be gone from the server, and that's the end of that.
(Although if the data was on the server a long time, it's probably on
backup tape somewhere...)

>> (I never, ever, use PST files!)
>
> Well yes, you're the IT guy, so by definition the company limit on
> Exchange mailbox size is probably the size of your mailbox plus a bit :-)

The size limit is 500MB. My mailbox is 108KB, currently.