POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Trivial trigonometry : Re: Trivial trigonometry Server Time
5 Sep 2024 01:19:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Trivial trigonometry
From: Kevin Wampler
Date: 8 Dec 2009 02:05:20
Message: <4b1dfab0$1@news.povray.org>
Darren New wrote:
> Kevin Wampler wrote:
>> All are in agreement with he Schrödinger wave equation, so it's not
>> the equation that's the issue here.
>
> OK. I'm now more educated, I think.

It's a point which is often neglected.  Just to be clear though, the
issue is more subtle than I'm making it sound and AFAIK most
interpretations which give a deterministic state to the cat have run
into problems (for instance when incorporating them into special
relativity).  Also such interpretations are necessarily non-local.

>> Perhaps I'm missing what  point you're making?
>
> Only that the quantum equations don't *seem* to apply to the macroscopic
> world, for reasons unknown?

Yeah, IANAP (I am not a physicist) but as far as I'm aware this is
correct.  Although I think there's some interpretations which describe
why this is the case perfectly well, they just might come with other
philosophical implications that are undesirable (for instance I'd put
the many-worlds interpretation into this class).