POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Encrypted drive problem : Re: Encrypted drive problem Server Time
5 Sep 2024 01:19:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Encrypted drive problem
From: Darren New
Date: 7 Dec 2009 22:25:12
Message: <4b1dc718@news.povray.org>
Orchid XP v8 wrote:
> Right. So what you're saying is that when you use a real backup product,
> it probably uses VSS to do its work without stopping people using their
> stuff? (But you can also use vshadow if you have nothing better...)

Exactly.

Incidentally, I suspect Outlook is probably a VSS Writer, so when you start
making the shadow copy, Outlook instances get told to finish what they're
doing and flush any half-read messages out to disk (for example) so your
restored file will still be correct, or at least usable. I'd be surprised if
MS didn't bother to make that work in Outlook after doing all the work in
VSS to support it.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)