POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Trivial trigonometry : Re: Trivial trigonometry Server Time
5 Sep 2024 05:25:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Trivial trigonometry
From: Darren New
Date: 7 Dec 2009 13:29:20
Message: <4b1d4980$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
> scott <sco### [at] scottcom> wrote:
>> I thought the whole point of that experiment was that according to QM
the
>> cat was both alive and dead until you actually tried to look?
>
>   Not according to QM. According to the Copenhagen interpretation of it
.

More technically, according to the math of the Schrödinger equation,
 which
has no allowance for any non-QM events inside it. I.e., the math of QM
doesn't anywhere say "and at this point, you get quantum collapse." It's

trying to figure out why you *do* get quantum collapse that's the problem
.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)