POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Trivial trigonometry : Re: Trivial trigonometry Server Time
8 Oct 2024 18:28:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Trivial trigonometry
From: Darren New
Date: 7 Dec 2009 13:28:02
Message: <4b1d4932$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
>> I.e., the whole point of the experiment is to show how absurd it was to
>> think the QM "collapsed because it's observed" promoters were right.
>
>   That might have been the point of the experiment, but did it cause the
> Copenhagen interpretation to be ditched, or is it still a "we don't know
> for sure"?

As far as I know, they're still trying to figure out *why* the math works
like it does. Neeum posted this, which (after the Bell Inequality stuff at
the start indicating a need to consider this in the first place) discusses
the different possible view on the "why" of it all...

http://www.karlin.mff.cuni.cz/~motl/entan-interpret.pdf

Overall, I think some people are saying "if you're careful with the math,
it's obvious why it 'collapses'" but others obviously aren't so sure. Half
the people looking at the copenhagen interpretation think the wave is real
and half think it's just a way of looking at it mathematically, even so.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)