POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Encrypted drive problem : Re: Encrypted drive problem Server Time
4 Sep 2024 23:22:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Encrypted drive problem
From: Darren New
Date: 7 Dec 2009 11:04:34
Message: <4b1d2792$1@news.povray.org>
scott wrote:
>> Not true. Just make a shadow copy, and back up the shadow copy. It's
>> pretty easy.
>
> OK will check your later post in more detail on how to do this - could
> be very useful.

Yah.

>> What, they don't go to sleep?
>
> Nearly everyone here takes their laptop home with them each night, and I
> don't know how many of them would leave their laptop on every night
> "just" to do backups.

So have a script they start before they turn it off at night that does the
backup then shuts down the machine.

Or tell them that if they break the computer, they lose all the work they
did since last time they left it at work. Their choice. :-)

> Besides, home internet is usually very limited
> upstream, it's going to take a while.

You only have to move changed files. How much are they going to change when
they take it home after work and before sleep?

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)