POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Wasn't someone talking about ESP here? : Re: Wasn't someone talking about ESP here? Server Time
4 Sep 2024 17:23:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Wasn't someone talking about ESP here?
From: Gilles Tran
Date: 6 Dec 2009 18:38:26
Message: <4b1c4072$1@news.povray.org>
"Darren New" <dne### [at] sanrrcom> a écrit dans le message de
> I was thinking more the "New Kind of Science" self-publication or the Cold
> Fusion publish-first-in-the-newspapers kind of avoidance-of-error.

Peer-reviewed journals about bogus science (homeopathy, chiropraxy...) do
exist in the medical field. I just read one paper about an homeopathy trial,
which ended positively but with the disclaimer "This study cannot be
conclusive because there is no control group. Neither the physician, nor the
patient was blinded."
It's just a matter of the peers setting the bar low enough.

G.