POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : An explanation of what next_permutation does : Re: An explanation of what next_permutation does Server Time
4 Sep 2024 23:21:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: An explanation of what next_permutation does
From: Darren New
Date: 5 Dec 2009 12:34:53
Message: <4b1a99bd$1@news.povray.org>
Orchid XP v8 wrote:
> make a typo in a C program, the program stops and says "error:
> segmantation fault".

*If* you're lucky.  What's worse is when it *doesn't*. :-)

> As far as I'm aware, you cannot catch segfaults.

You can, but not in a portable way, a language-defined way, or in a way
that's useful for debugging or continuing on.  You cannot, for example,
catch a segfault and use it to extend the size of the array you just ran off
the end of.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)