POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Q about Unit Tests : Re: Q about Unit Tests Server Time
4 Sep 2024 23:23:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Q about Unit Tests
From: Darren New
Date: 5 Dec 2009 12:31:15
Message: <4b1a98e3$1@news.povray.org>
Stephen wrote:
> That’s right for each unit test you can and generally must prep
are the
> data the unit has to test.

That I knew. :-)

> You can run them in any order and since they are independent tests they

> do not rely on other tests passing or failing.

I can see situations in which a test would rely on other tests succeeding
.
You can't test "read from a file" if "open a file" fails, for example. An
if "open a file" fails in a way that leaves "read from a file" dumping co
re,
it can be messy to rearrange tests and still know what's failing.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)