POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Rainy Day WIP : Re: Rainy Day WIP Server Time
16 Jun 2024 02:51:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Rainy Day WIP
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 5 Dec 2009 03:49:50
Message: <4b1a1eae@news.povray.org>
"s.day" <s.d### [at] uelacuk> schreef in bericht

> I have tried scaling (not put that much effort in so far though) and the
> blobs
> seem to just disappear when I make them thinner. I will find the thinnest
> setting I can get away with and keep them visible. Of course it could be
> because
> I am scaling each component rather than the whole blob which would
> probably make
> a difference...

I think scaling the whole blob will do the trick. What you also can do I
guess, is cut off the part of the blob lying against the pane, in a
difference or intersection. Your blob becomes thinner too that way and you
simulate the *stickyness* of the water drop on the glass surface.

Thomas