POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Q about Unit Tests : Re: Q about Unit Tests Server Time
4 Sep 2024 17:21:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Q about Unit Tests
From: Darren New
Date: 4 Dec 2009 13:48:38
Message: <4b195986@news.povray.org>
Stephen wrote:

> here or is it me speaking fluent “Stephen”? :-)

I don't know, but I'm talking about the contents of a specific unit test,

given that other unit test have already passed or failed.

I know what I want to test. I'm saying that if it takes 15 steps to get t
the 16'th step I want to test, and I already tested the 15 steps in anoth
er
test, do I need to re-test them in the 16'th step?

If I want to test "media player elapsed-time counter stops incrementing a
nd
stays at 20 seconds if I pause the media player after 20 seconds of
playing", do I also need to test "media player constructor works, media
player starts playing, elapsed time counter increases one second per seco
nd"
in the "pause" unit test?

Or, in your example, if your first unit test tests that what the develope
gave you in the upload is right, do you have to test that again in the
second test that submits it to the SAP upload interface?

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)