POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Q about Unit Tests : Re: Q about Unit Tests Server Time
4 Sep 2024 17:18:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Q about Unit Tests
From: Stephen
Date: 4 Dec 2009 13:08:38
Message: <4b195026$1@news.povray.org>
Darren New wrote:
>> Sure. But if you have one "aspect" that takes a dozen steps to set up,
>
> Or, to be more clear, I have dozens of tests for my media player. Each
> one depends on the file it's playing to be present on disk. I have one
> test that says "Yes, the WMV file is here" that runs first. Should I
> re-do that check in ever unit test? Pros/cons?

A good example and unless you can think of any reason for the first test
to pass then the WMV file not to be there when the next test is run. I
would say no do not run it during subsequent unit tests. Pros/cons are
difficult for me to say other than you have to trust some things and you
will test the end-to-end process in your final test.

--

Best Regards,
	Stephen