POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : An explanation of what next_permutation does : Re: An explanation of what next_permutation does Server Time
4 Sep 2024 23:21:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: An explanation of what next_permutation does
From: Warp
Date: 4 Dec 2009 12:40:25
Message: <4b194989@news.povray.org>
Invisible <voi### [at] devnull> wrote:

> >> I'll tell you what it does: It makes the function crash. o_O
> >
> >   After this you should really stop picking on C variants (or at the very
> > least, not immediately compare them to Haskell). ;)

> Why? Because I wrote some code with a small typo?

  Because it's exactly as (or even more) obfuscated as your hated C, and
it seems to be equally easy to make something "crash" by mistake.

  Also you should understand that the Haskell line might not be obfuscated
to *you* because you know how to read it, but it's quite obfuscated to
others who don't understand it. The same works for C as well. Thus you
really don't prove anything by saying "that piece of C(++) is really
obfuscated, I don't understand it, here's how I would write it in Haskell"
and proceed to present a program which is at least as obfuscated.

--
                                                          - Warp