POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Switzerland & minarets : Re: Switzerland & minarets Server Time
5 Sep 2024 05:21:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Switzerland & minarets
From: Warp
Date: 4 Dec 2009 07:32:31
Message: <4b19015f@news.povray.org>
Tim Cook <z99### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> When a specific construction regulation is put in place to harass a
> specific minority, even if it's by majority decision, that's not ok.

> And declaring it country-wide?  That's far worse.  That's de facto
> saying "WE DON'T WANT YOUR KIND HERE", not "we'd be able to just all get
> along if nobody wanted to do things /different/".

  Well, do you know what you can do, as a citizen (assuming this kind of thing
is happening in your own country)? Subject the problem to the democratic
process. That's what democracy is for.

  In other words, you vote for representatives who share your views, or you
get into politics yourself and try to get into congress, where you can make
a change. That's your right in democratic countries, and that's how democracy
works.

  In this case democracy worked, whether you liked the end result or not.
I say thumbs up.

--
                                                          - Warp