POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Switzerland & minarets : Re: Switzerland & minarets Server Time
5 Sep 2024 05:22:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Switzerland & minarets
From: Tim Cook
Date: 3 Dec 2009 21:34:17
Message: <4b187529$1@news.povray.org>
Darren New wrote:
> Tim Cook wrote:
>> That's considerably different wording, saying 'everyone is forbidden
>> from constructing any building that doesn't follow X design' instead
>> of 'you aren't allowed to build Y structure that happens to be
>> important to you'.
>
> You can say "Nobody, including Christians, is allowed to build a miniret."
>
> We get that here too. "Neither straight men nor gay men are allowed to
> marry other men."

Zing.  What I was getting at was more along the lines of "it's less
troubling if the Swiss are just saying 'nobody can build anything that's
not little-Swiss-village in theme' instead of 'nobody's allowed to build
one particular building'".  The Arc d'Triumphe and Empire State Building
would then be just as disallowed.  But they're specifically targeting
minarets, and only minarets.

--
Tim Cook
http://empyrean.freesitespace.net