POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Switzerland & minarets : Re: Switzerland & minarets Server Time
8 Oct 2024 17:25:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Switzerland & minarets
From: Tim Cook
Date: 3 Dec 2009 19:07:10
Message: <4b1852ae$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
>   Democracy doesn't mean "every minority must have its way". It means that
> the majority decides what happens to them. It's that simple.
>
>   If minorities get precedence of the majority, that's not democracy anymore.
> The current trend is that minorities *should* have precedence, and hence
> democracy as a concept is a bad thing.
>
>   I'm sorry if upholding democracy and freedom of speech offends someone.
> Personally I value them more than some minarets.

Question:  are Christian churches likewise banned from constructing
steeples for their churches?

Because if they're not, that is explicitly *forbidding a minority
something that the (presumably majority) has*, rather than by allowing
them that you're giving them something that everybody else doesn't have.

--
Tim Cook
http://empyrean.freesitespace.net