POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Switzerland & minarets : Re: Switzerland & minarets Server Time
5 Sep 2024 03:24:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Switzerland & minarets
From: Tim Cook
Date: 3 Dec 2009 18:59:16
Message: <4b1850d4$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
> Neeum Zawan <m.n### [at] ieeeorg> wrote:
>>         If you allow the majority to have whatever they want, then it's
>> possible to go back to "No colored people allowed".
>
>   Why do you assume that the majority wants that? The western majority being
> racist is nothing more than multiculturalist propaganda.

The problem, as it stands, is that if you abuse group X for long enough
that it becomes an identity to that group, you can't just say "oh, uh,
we're going to follow our constitution and just treat everyone equally
now" and assume that entire group will merely pretend they haven't been
abused.  Memories are longer than that, and people do hold grudges.

If tomorrow your multiculturalist conspiracy ended, and you were given
the same 'special treatments' as the minorities you see as being
favoured, would you be able to just pretend nothing had ever happened
and not on some level treat people differently because they used to be
part of a favoured minority?

--
Tim Cook
http://empyrean.freesitespace.net