POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The magic of CSV : Re: The magic of CSV Server Time
4 Sep 2024 17:21:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The magic of CSV
From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 2 Dec 2009 16:07:10
Message: <4b16d6fe$1@news.povray.org>
>> I did notice that Excel apparently had no difficulty with the date
>> column - or indeed any other column for that matter. So maybe that
>> would work...
>
> It would seem to me that the appropriate solution is to add up the
> columns appropriately using excel.  Adding up columns is kind of what it
> does best, after all.

Well, I'd like to be able to sort and filter the data and so forth -
Access is specifically designed to be able to do that kind of thing,
whereas Excel makes it a bit tedous.

By the way... I just realised. While you *can* move data between Excel
and Access easily enough, there isn't actually a way to run a query in
Access and get a chart as the result. I never thought about it before.
But you'd have to run the query, copy the data, paste it into Excel and
then fiddle about with chart options. There isn't a button in Access
that says "please plot this as a pie chart" or something...

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/