POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Operation downfall : Re: Operation downfall Server Time
5 Sep 2024 05:23:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Operation downfall
From: Darren New
Date: 2 Dec 2009 11:44:08
Message: <4b169958$1@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:
> Clearly jobs don't find you. (Unless you're ludicrously talented and
> very well-known. I am neither.)

Or unless you know people who deal with lots of people. I get jobs for
people all the time, and vice versa. If I was impressed working with you,
I'll recommend you to people looking to hire. The same as any other brand. :-)

> They just said "we feel that the other applications have more relevant
> skills".

Be aware that even if you're the perfect fit for the job, *with* a PhD and
30 years experience, this is *still* how it works. 90% of the time you hear
nothing back. Of the rest, 90% of the time it's an instant rejection. And
that's for jobs that practically list you by name.

If you want a new job, send three or four resumes a day for a month.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)