POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Trivial trigonometry : Re: Trivial trigonometry Server Time
9 Oct 2024 00:23:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Trivial trigonometry
From: Invisible
Date: 2 Dec 2009 09:12:35
Message: <4b1675d3@news.povray.org>
>>> Anybody happen to know the luminous efficacy of a glow worm?
>> Man Wikipedia knows everything!  We should power our lights with glow worms!
>
> All they need is a reflective cavity and a biochemical population inversion, and
> we could have them in CD players too!

...so I'm guessing it's quiet efficient then? (Mother Nature has an
uncanny way of doing this, it seems.)

Given the number of genetically engineered organisms which glow, I'm
guessing scientists have a good idea of how this works. Maybe
electronically-controlled glowing algae or something isn't so
far-fetched. (I hate to think what the component lifetime would be though!)