POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Awesome. Instant 3D model entry based on a cheap webcam : Re: Awesome. Instant 3D model entry based on a cheap webcam Server Time
5 Sep 2024 01:25:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Awesome. Instant 3D model entry based on a cheap webcam
From: Darren New
Date: 2 Dec 2009 01:51:50
Message: <4b160e86$1@news.povray.org>
SharkD wrote:
> Er... Can you show me an example of a video game that doesn't use a
> pinhole-type camera?

Hmmm. Serious Sam seems to count.
http://www.giantbomb.com/lens-flare/92-763/all-images/52-302921/961109_20090715_790screen003/51-1081760/

Batman's focal blur:

http://screenshots.teamxbox.com/screen/90600/Batman-Arkham-Asylum/

Altho that wasn't the effect I was talking about, and it's possible that's
supposed to just be rain/fog, especially since it only seems to be happening
outside.

Ah, that's definitely focal blur.

http://xbox360.ign.com/dor/objects/14273491/batman-arkham-asylum/images/batman-arkham-asylum-20090805051330391.html?page=mediaFull

http://xbox360.ign.com/dor/objects/14273491/batman-arkham-asylum/images/batman-arkham-asylum-20090805051405078.html?page=mediaFull

And an example of the blur I was talking about when you're choking the crap
out of someone:
http://xbox360.ign.com/dor/objects/14273491/batman-arkham-asylum/images/batman-arkham-asylum-20090805051402359.html?page=mediaFull
Check out, for example, how een his ears are blurry.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)