POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Trivial trigonometry : Re: Trivial trigonometry Server Time
9 Oct 2024 02:25:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Trivial trigonometry
From: Darren New
Date: 1 Dec 2009 12:02:27
Message: <4b154c23$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
>> Or are you trying to apply
>> common sense to a field which even nobel prize winners in that field agree
>> it doesn't make common sense?
>
>   That is contradictory with:
>
>> I said you know it's not an interference pattern
>> because it happens with only one photon at a time.

I don't see that as contradictory, unless you mean that if it doesn't make
common sense, you can't talk about it with common words at all. I'm down
with that. The math doesn't work out the same either.  :-)

But seriously, for there to be an interference pattern, something has to
interfere with something else, right?  As soon as you interfere with the
photon, the pattern goes away.  Indeed, the pattern is *only* there exactly
to the extent that there is *no* interference.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)